Sunday, August 3, 2008

thing #19 - Web2.0 awards

Right before I began this activity, my husband asked me if I knew how to set up a website for his family business, and I said I'd look into it for him. I don't know if I can set up an entire site, but I know how to set up a page. I went to the start page list and explored those, some more than others. I was most impressed with iGoogle and Netvibes. They were the most user friendly, loaded pages quicker, and had business aspects and help included. Pageflakes was ok, but slower to load pages and Groovle, and My Yahoo just didn't match up with the first 2 mentioned. (I might have been getting tired by then so I want to investigate them more.) My husband knows NOTHING about technology (he asked me how to compose a new email message and attach a photo last week!) and he just wants it to happen.
Next, I looked into more wiki sites, because I want to create one for my book club at school this year. I am still most impressed with Wetpaint but like Wikidot as well. It's a tossup now as to which I will use. I think I'll set up both and play with them a few weeks before making a decision.
I put this site into my Delicious account so I can explore more when I have more time. This list is worth a lot more time than I can give right now.
Terri - Memorykeepermom uhcl

No comments: