Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing #22 - Nings

Before this, I had never heard of a Ning. I took some time to read about it and explored 2 of the 3 suggested Nings: TeacherLibrarian and Texas School Librarians. I joined both Nings as well as joined 3 groups in the TeacherLibrarian Ning: Elementary School Librarians, Building a Culture of Collaboration, and Information Fluency Project. These groups discuss issues that are important to me as a teacher-librarian so after joing the groups and reading some of the discussions, I added them to my RSS reader.
I think it's important for school librarians to collaborate with each other for fresh new ideas to help keep our libraries up to date. With a tool like a Ning, we are able to "discuss" ideas with experts in the field from across the country.
Terri

2 comments:

myska said...

I see on your profile that you are a scrapbooker--should have known with the title of your blog! Haven't you found some of these tools great for scrapbooking? I understnad your frustration with the photostory. We had trouble with it as well, but finally got it to load. Keep at it!

Terri said...

Scrapbooking is one of my first passions, but i never get time to do it anymore. I own my own Creative Memories business, and if it makes it through the next year of my classes, I will be using some of the tools I've learned about to grow my business back up again. Here is my website, for anyone that's interested.
http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/terrimay

PS-I'm hosting a crop this weekend, Friday 8-8-08 7pm-midnight and Saturday 8-9-08 1-6pm.
Terri - memorykeepermom uhcl