Sunday, July 27, 2008

Online image generator - thing 10

I think using online image generators can be used to promote library etiquette, procedures and programs. It will be fun to play with these tools some more to make signage and etiquette reminders to display in the library. I was able to create a few fun items that I can implement pretty quick at the beginning of the year.

This one can be posted around the circulation desk as a reminder to turn bookd in on time.


comic strip generator:




These happy faces are not going to be very happy if
patrons do not usee their shelf markers when looking for books!!!


happy face generator:



Here is a fun banner that can be used at the top of a blog, or Wikki for the library. Of course, the name would change to reflect the name of the library or book club, etc....


image chef - banner:

direct link to my banner:

This fun trading card can be printed and used as book marks to hand out to patrons to remind them of the circulation rules.

trading card with garfield:
I did have some trouble navigating the custom sign generator and actually creating a sign for use in the library. I will play around with it more because I think it can be very useful. I was trying to create a sign with a popular character, like the Hulk, to remind students to use their shelf markers or not to leave unwanted books on the floor, both big problems in our library.
This discovery activity was fun to play with!

2 comments:

Grendel said...

I like your idea of using the trading cards with library information on them as bookmarks. I think you are the first to come up with that idea. Thanks!

Nice Guy said...

Love the toon samples :)

More Web 2.0 image/sign generator templates @ www.ImageGenerator.org.